Students are admitted to San Miguel based on the following criteria:
- They are a family member of current students or graduates
- They are academically at-risk students – behind in core subjects of reading, math, and literacy
- Their families are economically challenged.
All families commit to paying monthly tuition- What they can afford is typically only 5% of the total cost to educate each child. Through donations and community support every student receives a scholarship.
Many students enter San Miguel one or more grade levels behind but graduate at or above grade level- improving 4-6 grade levels in just three years. The success of our students comes from their hard work coupled with a strong program model:
- Small Class sizes (1:10 teacher to student ratio)
- Extended School Days
- Extended School year
- Built-in extra-curriculars through the Renaissance Program (arts, exercise, leadership, cooking and much more)
- Faith-based education
- BIST behavior management system centered on care and concern for the whole child
- Strong Focus on Reading
- Individualized approach to education- meeting each student where they are through individualized instruction.
- Partnership with parents and families
- Field trips and college exposure trips
- Graduate support program to help prepare for the high school application process.
For more information on our Middle School Academic Program contact Principal Tad Smith at email@example.com